This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American is a leading provider of title insurance and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. Tracing our heritage back to 1889, First American was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com.
Assembles title packages, searches for tax documentation or performs other research related to escrow and title closings. Works independently and uses experience to compile search packages ranging in complexity that require research and investigation. Builds knowledge base of state practices and requirements.
* Conducts title research to compile search packages ranging in complexity
* Processes departmental documents requiring specific knowledge of functional operations, type correspondence and reports from rough drafts.
* Researches, investigates, and creates title files; documents all research; and prepares endorsements and supplemental documents
* Compiles, investigates and interprets tax records in order to determine tax liability.
* Assignments vary in complexity
* Using established procedures performs assignments.
* Work under general supervision applying well established techniques, procedures or specific standards.
* Exercises judgment within defined policies and procedures
* Escalates issues to more experienced team members
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1+ years related experience
* Internet savvy
* Data entry/typing skills
* Standard MS skill set
* Investigative / research skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of company terminology, search department procedures and tools.
* Proficient with company operating systems