Sears Store Manager - #1403 - Natick, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
* Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
* Adhere to the Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the District Manager):
* Minimum of 2 nights per week
* Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
* Follows the Playbook and the Weekly Walk processes to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
* Execute customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction, Survey data and verbatim comments.
* Selects, develops and manages performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecards/dashboards.
* Attracts, hires and on-boards store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
* Executes the client's (brand/business) plan consistently across all departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback.
* Consistently delivers acceptable results as measured by the Location Balanced Scorecard with an intense focus on customer service and sales growth.
* Focuses and invests time on customer facing activities and processes.
* Ensures the store is 'Location Certified' and every associate is 'Role Certified' to do his/her job; has primary accountability for Assistant Store Manager and Lead 'Role Certification.'
* Monitors and proactively addresses outliers, e.g.; customer satisfaction, sales, controllable costs, profit, margin, operational processes, and compliance as measured by appropriate outlier report scorecard/dashboard.
* Embeds the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
* Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
* Expects and inspects retail core processes and 'clean and bright' standards.
* Expects and inspects execution of client's merchandising and operating plans.
* Provides first person coaching on the execution of action plans based on daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer interactions.
* Is the customer advocate and surfaces opportunities to improve the end-to-end customer experience.
* Teaches, models and leads ways to satisfy customers, finds ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
Leadership and People:
* Personally supports, coaches and develops team members, creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
* Facilitates dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
* Focuses the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
* Builds a strong bench of talent and strive to develop people for internal promotion.
* Leads and embeds all Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
* Understands, leads, and embeds a standardized operating model that will earn preferred provider status in every store.
* Rigorously inspects compliance with our operating model for consistency across all departments.
* Executes and supports the client's plan utilizing outlier reporting, scorecards and standardized reporting. * Ensures that all initiatives and processes are in full compliance with company policies and practices.
* Creates a selling culture that will meet/exceed clients' sales plans.
* Leads and monitors store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution and POS reductions.
* Achieves all miscellaneous income plans, e.g., merchandise replacement plans, protection agreements, new account generation, gift cards, email acquisition, etc...
* Achieves controllable cost plans and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities.
* Communicates opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
Disciplined Decision Making:
* Act as the eyes and ears of the client - provides clients with fact-based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc.
* Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
* Consistently provide a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.Responsibilities/Skills/Experience Requirements
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of five (5) years experience in retail or equivalent industry experience preferred.
3. Extensive knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures.
4. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
5. Availability to work during critical retail timeframes including Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
6. Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members and customers.
8. Experience selecting, assessing, coaching and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment.
9. Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups and achieve results.
10. Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.