Seasonal Class B Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today! We are seeking a Seasonal Class B Driver for our location in Perry, MI.
***Seasonal Positions Available***
Description: This position is responsible for propane delivery to customer locations in an efficient, punctual and safe manner. Position requires a CDL license with hazmat and tank endorsements, high school diploma, and physical demands which includes regular lifting of 60lbs and up to 200 lbs on occasion.
* Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane to and from specified destinations.
* Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance.
* Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures. Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures.
* During daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information and answering inquires.
* Requires on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response.
* Must possess a drive, determination, professionalism, and the desire to be a significant factor in growing our business.
* Meet all DOT requirements.
* Inspects, paints, repairs and loads tanks and cylinders.
* Under supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products under safety guidelines.
* Maintains Service Center office and plant or yard for a professional appearance.
* Position may require working evening hours and weekends as needed
* Must to be able to lift up to 75 lbs
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* At least 1 year driving experience
* Class B CDL license with air brake, hazmat, and tanker endorsements
* Clean driving record
* Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: Class B, Class A, CDL, hazmat, tanker, hazardous material, airbrake, driver, delivery, route, local, straight truck