Seasonal Laboratory Assistant, Toulon, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
This part time position offers daytime hours in a fast paced work environment and is located at our company in Brookings, SD. This is a seasonal position, typically starting in September and ending in the spring.
With five laboratories within our location, SGS has an opportunity for you in one of the following areas:
* Analytical Laboratory
* DNA/Protein Laboratory
* Laboratory Research
* Large Seed Laboratory
* Multi-Species Laboratory
* Area Supervisor
* Prepare samples and media and perform tests in support of area laboratory.
* Sort, label, process and file samples
* General laboratory work.
* Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
* Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
* Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improving customer service.
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
* Must be able to work 10 - 20 hours per week, in at least 3 hour blocks, between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
* High school graduate
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Open to all college majors, with most practical knowledge experience for agricultural and biological science majors.
* Must be able to attend work regularly and dependably.
* Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Must be a self starter.
* Ability to display a strong sense of urgency and good judgment.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer inquiries.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects and changing priorities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
* Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
* Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.