Seasonal Order Selector
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 1st Shift - Seasonal Position 3-5 Months
The Order Selector reports to the Case Pick supervisor and is responsible for operating equipment and material handling for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The EPJ Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and may also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Complies with all company policies and procedures at all times.
* Inspects equipment and fills out preflight form accordingly
* Reports any issues with equipment, safety, inventory etc. to department Lead or Supervisor timely.
* Daily scans picking report or work labels and verifies order information using the PKMS system.
* Pulls and prepares product for shipments and staging on shipping dock.
* Verifies product type and quantity is correct prior to loading, staging and shipping.
* Ensures proper stock rotation.
* Stacks extra pallets in designated pallet zone.
* Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods and safety standards.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment at all times to meet company standards.
* Crossed trains to perform other duties and provide support to other departments as assigned.
* Meets daily department picking standards
* Able to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and possible holidays to meet customer's demands.
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent Preferred
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Availability to work irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends and possible holidays to meet customers' demands.
* Ability to lift and/or push/pull up-to 50lbs. without restrictions.
* Ability to operate motorized equipment and train to ultimately pass an on-site certification program.
* Time management skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
* Detailed oriented and organizational skills.
* Team player but able to work individually as assigned.
* Proactive attitude/takes initiative.
* Basic mathematical skills.
* PKMS knowledge is preferred, willing to train.
* Must be fluent in English, Bilingual preferred (English / Spanish).
* Strong communications skills; both verbal and written (English).
* 6 months of previous experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment
* 6 months of previous experience operating motorized equipment preferred
* 6 months of previous Inventory policies and procedures experience preferred
Environmental Job Requirements
A. Physical Requirements
* Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, climbing.
* Occasional reaching, crouching and kneeling.
* Prolonged standing and some occasional walking
* Minimal pushing and pulling and lifting up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
B. Work Environment
* Exposure to frequent varying weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse.
* Exposure to high levels of noise at all times.
* Frequent exposure to dust and vibration from moving machinery.
* Ability to use near, far and peripheral vision.
C. Machinery/Work Tools
* Manual/Electric Pallet Jack