Seasonal Part-Time Class A Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
As a member of our team, you will pick up and deliver propane cylinders to retail customers; maintain the appearance of our displays and signs; ensure propane placement meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and company guidelines; and provide overall customer service to our retail customers.
**This is a SEASONAL PART-TIME Position**
* Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane exchange tanks to and from specified destinations
* Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance
* Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures
* Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures
* During daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information and answering inquires
* Maintains compliance with all DOT requirements
* Under supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products under safety guidelines
* Participates in required on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response
* Supports customer demand by working evening hours and weekends, as needed
* A valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with HAZMAT endorsement
* 2 years previous driving experience
* Clean driving record, required
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Direct Store Delivery experience is preferred
* Physical ability to lift 40 lbs in each hand repeatedly throughout the day, in all weather conditions, extreme hot or cold
* Ability to work 10-14 hours per day on a regular basis
* Successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and physical abilities test
* Must possess a drive, determination, professionalism, and the desire to be a significant factor in growing our business
Ferrellgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not make decisions based on an individual's race, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Keywords: Class A, CDL, hazmat, tanker, hazardous material, airbrake, driver, delivery, route, local, tractor trailer, side bay, commercial, in-store