Seasonal Propane Operator
DCPMidstream - Chesapeake, VAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- DCPMidstream DCPMidstream
- Chesapeake, VA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Part Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S, DCP Midstream is proud of the role its 2800 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 States. Jointly owned by ConocoPhillips and Spectra Energy, DCP Midstream is the #1 Oil and Gas Company, and #1 Private Company in Denver, Colorado. (www.dcpmidstream.com)
*This is a seasonal position.
Qualified candidates will operate a wholesale Propane Transfer/Loading Facility.
- Prepares tank trucks for LPG product transfer, verifies product quality and quantity, performs safety inspections, prepares documentation and executes safe and proper connection procedures.
- Operates equipment (compressors, pumps and meter stations) assuring safe transfer of product to and from storage tanks/tank trucks.
- Maintains surveillance of transfer process and monitors inventory levels and product control procedures.
- Must observe proper safety procedures at all times.
Ancillary duties such as but not limited to: painting, housekeeping, landscaping, snow removal and anti-icing activity. Works in extreme weather conditions and required to work rotating/extended shifts or nights.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical Aptitude Ability
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be available for shift work and weekend work on a 24/7 schedule
- Ability to push/pull/lift 50 lbs., climb stairs and work at heights above ground
- Must have reliable means of communication
- Professional communication skills with customers and suppliers
- Microsoft Computer Knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Operate PLC Control Equipment
- CEPT certification desired but not required
- Instrumentation Repair Experience (PLC, Temperature Gauge, Meters)
- Ability to work with a team as well as individually