Second Shift Warehouse Quality Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
YBP Library Services (YBP) provides print and digital content, supporting collection management and technical services to academic, research and special libraries throughout the world. YBP has 300 employees with customers in 63 countries and is headquartered in Contoocook, NH, USA. YBP is a division of EBSCO Information Services.
Second Shift Warehouse Quality Controller
The second shift Quality Controller is responsible for the accurate and timely shipment of customer product. This position verifies, packs, and invoices all orders. It is a standard function of the order fulfillment process and is essential to the timely delivery of goods to the customer. The quality control position requires a higher level of training and experience than most warehouse positions.
These positions come with EBSCO s full benefits including: health/dental/eye insurance, paid holidays/vacation/sick time, profit sharing, short-term/long-term disability, basic and optional life insurance, and much more!
* Verifies proper product and sequencing before it is allowed to go to Book Processing.
* Verifies all products in containers are correct utilizing digital electronic scanning devices and techniques for direct customer shipments.
* Creates proper paperwork such as invoices and packing lists for product shipments to customers.
Analyzes all picklist and container items are complete and applies appropriate procedures for exceptions. * Operates equipment such as computer stations, various printers, remote computer link modules, scales, etc.
* Uses technical skills and job knowledge to successfully perform the requirements of the Quality Controller position.
* Has a positive attitude and maintains a professional relationship with all individuals and groups.
* Works to optimize efficiencies while attaining goals with high accuracy of work.
* Suggest and implement ideas for continuous improvement.
* Performs other quality control, shipping, and warehouse duties as required.
* Works in other areas when the workload in Quality Control does not support a full staff.
* Containerizes customer product by appropriately selecting box size and properly packing product in the box in order to ship product without damage.
* Accurately inserts all necessary paperwork such as invoices, packing lists, notifications, and other documents as required into the appropriate customer s shipment container.
* Creates and applies shipping labels on boxes for domestic and international shipments using a variety of shipping methods and carriers.
* Works with the Shipping department to assist in workflow optimizing as well as resolving any issues or discrepancies as they arise.
* Has a strong work ethic
* Willingness to work and participate in team environments
* Comfortable with multi-tasking, able to change work as required to meet variable workloads.
* Ability to develop technical and operational skills
* Ownership and accountability of work and results
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Exhibits maturity and professionalism
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Exhibits a high degree of accuracy in work.
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to multitask and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions and documentation.
* Requires attention to details.
* Ability to perform task with minimal follow-up.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on occasion.
* Has a good attendance record.
* Works well with others.
* Basic computer working skills or experience.
* Basic knowledge of Power7 operating system would be preferential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.