Second in Command/SIC 9/15/2016
FlightSafety Services Corporation
Dfw Airport, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DETAILS
Second in Command/SIC
State / Province
The Second-In-Command (SIC) Pilot Simulator is responsible for maintaining currency in assigned programs in order to act as Second-In-Command for both internal and external Customer Pilots for Recurrent, Initial or generic training courses within the established training curriculum, by performing the following duties:
* Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related fields
* Must be eligible for an ATP or have at least 1,000 hours total time.
* Commercial Pilot Certificate with appropriate category, class and instrument ratings
* After Hiring, the SIC must complete the following:
* In-Processing and Orientation, as documented in the Instructor Training File (ITF)
* General and Administrative Training
* Aircraft-Specific Ground and Simulator Training
NOTE: The term Program can refer to the training program in its development, implementation, or evaluation stages. Training Standards Program Activities: (Includes Compliance with regulations and guidelines, and Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures; plus contributing to Lesson Planning, Current Material and Set-up)
* Act as Second-in-Command (SIC) for clients training in multi-crew aircraft who have come to training without a flying partner. In that capacity, will serve as a competent Second-in-Command and will not be performing instructional duties.
* Maintain SIC pilot qualification in accordance with the requirements of the programs to which assigned. (See Certification section) and in accordance with FlightSafety International s Quality Management Systems (QMS) processes and procedures.
* Act as SIC in various types of aircraft for Part 142, Part 135, JAA, and non-FAA clients as required.
NOTE: Although this position performs no instructional duties, it is vital that all certifications are in a state of readiness so that when the Pilot customer is being trained, and/or undergoing competency testing, the testing perimeters are met in accordance with requirements from the regulatory authority(ies) governing the Customer s training/testing.
Training Standards Instructor Assistance Activities: (Includes Compliance with regulations and guidelines, and QMS policies and procedures)
* Under direction of the Program Manager, assist Instructor(s) in maintaining training material (various media forms) in a current state.
* Under direction of Program Manager, assist Instructor(s) in preparation of the Flight Simulator and/or briefing room 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the Simulator lesson and/or pre-briefing session.
* Familiarize with Customer's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Checklists, and Minimum Equipment List (MEL) during training (or prior to training sessions).
* Under direction of Program Manager, assist Instructor(s) keeping all publications used in Simulator training current.
* If career pathing toward instructor certification: Under supervision/guidance of PM/DOT attain FlightSafety International established standards of instructional delivery with corresponding levels of subject knowledge.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned
* Fluency in English, verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
* Excellent cockpit verbal communication skills
* Excellent Crew Resource Management (CRM) skills
* Ability to interact with various Customers in a professional manner
* Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high-pressure situations
* A second language may be required in some Learning Centers to meet particular needs.
* PC and/or compatible computer with printer
* Various office equipment: FAX, Copier, and Multi-line Telephone
* General knowledge of the following software: MS Office; MS Access, preferred
* Other software programs may be required, as needed.FlightSafety Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)