Secondary Quantitative Analyst 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Secondary Quantitative Analyst
About the Job
The Quantitative Analyst - Mortgage, Secondary Marketing will perform a broad range of quantitative analysis to support the Secondary Marketing Group within First Niagara/KeyBank Mortgage. The individual will interact with the Model Risk Group, Market Risk Group, and others to perform new and ongoing model validation related functions as it relates to the mortgage divisions risk, valuation, and trading models. Additionally, the analyst will interact with management, traders, and the secondary reporting group to improve modeling capabilities and to develop quantitative reports related to the pipeline/warehouse, portfolio, MSR, hedge, and margin management functions. The position requires a strong quantitative background.
Essential Job Functions
- Understanding and proving the conceptual framework and assumptions of the models
- Understanding how the models are used in the business decision-making process
- Preparing and presenting the documentation required by the Model Risk Group for new model development and for the improvement and ongoing maintenance of the models.
- Use quantitative skills to assess model performance and develop reporting methodologies for those assessments.
- Work with managers, traders, and other analyst to validate model changes
- Respond to queries from internal partners, external auditors, and regulators related to the adequacy of the models and their uses
- Assess model risks and limitations, and devise protocals to mitigate/adjust for those risk and limitations
- Working collaboratively with model risk in the validation process
- Work with external model developers, financial analyst, and valuation agents to broaden understanding of financial markets and the mortgage business to aid in model enhancement and risk measurement
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, mathematics, statistics or other quantitative field.
- 1 to 3 years of financial modeling/ model validation experience
- Experience with development of testing methodologies and creation of working papers
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, mathematics and financial modeling
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, SAS, MATLAB or other advanced statistical software
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office with advanced experience in Excel
- Proficiency in a programming language such as C++ or VB.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members and external partners
- Understanding of Mortgage Backed Securities, Mortgage Servicing Rights, and financial markets a plus
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 12-state network of over 1,000 branches, 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
Key traces its history back more than 160 years and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $95.1 billion. Key (NYSE: KEY) provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals, small and medium-sized business under the name KeyBank National Association. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program