Secretary II - Case Management and Social Work
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 4/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Secretary II supports the department by providing day-to-day administrative support that assists the team in achieving their goals.
Serves as point of contact for general inquiries to department and triages phone calls to ensure callers get prompt answers to their inquiries by the appropriate team member, ensuring customers receive a high touch experience in accordance with the Methodist Experience.
1. Monitors personal productivity and overtime to ensure efficient operation of responsibilities while minimizing overtime.
2. Orders supplies via the PeopleSoft purchasing system.
1. Completes assignments with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
2. Responds to all phone calls within 2 hours of receipt, at least acknowledging receipt and when the caller may expect a call back by supervisor or other team member.
1. Resolves customer concerns using ICARE values and applies the Methodist Experience goals for the patients to internal customers.
2. Provides administrative support to the team including other general clerical duties such as
3. May courier packages between offices within the Houston Medical Center area, using Houston Methodist shuttles (use of personal vehicle not required).
Identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, reduce redundancies, and improve quality in one's job function. Proposes solutions to team members and/or the supervisor and collaborates on implementation of solutions.
High School Diploma or G.E.D required. Associates degree or higher preferred.
2 years of secretarial or administrative experience in healthcare required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Reasoning/Decision Making Ability to prioritize work and independently resolve routine issues on a regular basis. Provide a customer focused service.
2. Adaptability/Flexibility Adapts quickly to changes in systems, process, or policy; change focus of workload based on highest priority needs. Flexible, approachable, customer-focused and confident. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments with minimal direction.
3. Client Knowledge & Responsiveness proactively communicate to team any issues or obstacles that may interfere with meeting client deliverables; respond quickly to client needs and concerns.
4. Technical/Functional Skills Ability to perform heavy data entry with high degree of accuracy and at a fast pace. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. At least two years of experience using Outlook required; one year or more years managing the Outlook calendar of a supervisor is preferred.
5. Teamwork Maximizing potential in self and others. Provide information and data in timely manner to needed team members; share information with team members on any identified process.
6. Continuous Improvement Taking a creative and innovative approach to work. Monitor progress of performance, identify process improvement opportunities
7. Communication skills - Ability to interact with all levels of employee workforce, including Senior Management, with effectiveness both orally and in writing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.