Chugach Alaska Corporation - VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Who we are and what we do...
Chugach Alaska Corporation and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Chugach is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of government and private industries through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. Chugach also provides complete project services to our clients, including design and construction of commercial and government facilities.
Chugach Alaska Corporation was one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. We are privately owned by Alaska Natives. Our stock is not publicly traded.
The Chugach family of companies consists of several subsidiaries and joint ventures that offer our clients professional assistance which combines high-quality base operations and maintenance services with state-of-the-art management services. Chugach's success is based on an integrated management strategy, fostered by the vision of the Board and fueled by the commitment of our exceptionally skilled employees - who remain diligently focused on customer satisfaction.
EEO/AA Employer. Native Preference Applies Pursuant PL93-638. SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs at the higher levels of administrative responsibility also comprehends intermediate to advanced secretary responsibilities. Coordinates senior staff level duties and functions
- Performs clerical support for 25+ employees to include managers, engineers, scientists, etc. in a government office setting.
- Handle complex situations, problems, and deviations in the work of the office according to general instructions, priorities, duties, policies, and program goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint as related to NSWCDD forms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS
- A minimum of four year of experience in an office or other general business setting appropriate to the work being performed is required.
- Screens telephone requests for information concerning office procedures; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff. May prepare and sign routine, non-technical correspondence.
- Schedules tentative appointments without prior approval. Maintains calendars, schedules and coordinates conferences, travel and meetings in support of Department management and supporting staff. Assembles required background materials, as directed. May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings.
- Reviews outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with documented procedures; assures that proper clearances have been obtained, when needed.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint as related to NSWCDD forms. Records/stores/distributes and retrieves media data in accordance with standardized procedures
- Collects information from the files or staff for routine inquires on office program(s) or periodic reports. Refers non-routine requests to staff.
- Demonstrated ability to Maintain Department Web Site.
- Demonstrates the ability to comprehend detailed and complex verbal, oral and written instructions.
- Track time and attendance.
Job Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least four (4) years of experience in an office or other general business setting providing clerical support for approximately 25+ employees
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance after hire
- Ability to pass a background check after hire
- An associate's degree or higher
- At least four (4) years demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- At least four (4) years office experience supporting 25-50 individuals.
- Course work in administrative and/or secretarial skills.