This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
POSITION PURPOSE: Reporting to the Cyber Security Operations Manager, the Information Security Analyst is responsible for information security infrastructure maintenance and monitoring.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Maintains, and monitors all security policy and access rules defining specific access to network, files, and database management systems.
* Recognizes and identifies potential risk areas to existing system security policies and procedures; implements remediation findings under the direction of Sr. Security Analyst.
* Maintains and documents system security measures within the enterprise.
* Prepares data and recommendations for the Sr. Security Analysts and implements changes to work methods and procedures to make them more effective and/or to strengthen security measures.
* Analyzes the work process, making recommendations to the Sr. Security Analysts to improve the work-flow efficiency and/or operation productivity
* Other duties as assigned by department manager.
* BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field desirable.
* Advanced degree desirable.
* Three+ years of progressive experience in computing and information security analysis, including experience with Internet technology and security issues.
Operating System Security Certification and demonstrated system security experience and/or a correspondingly higher number of years experience in system security analysis
* Knowledge at a high level of operating system and appropriate hardware security techniques
* Ability to understand technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of systems software operations and security
* Ability to communicate effectively dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
* Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to handle many tasks and procedures concurrently
* Problem analysis skills that can be applied in a complex environment
* Effective documentation and organization skills
* Moderate understanding of data processing concepts on multiple platforms
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
* Ability to provide 24-hour on-call support
* College degree and 2 years of related work experience in security analysis, or Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience required
* System implementation experience is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.