This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Cherokee Nation Management and Consulting
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe mission of our client, the Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES), is to augment and reinforce active Marine forces in time of war, national emergency or contingency operations, provide personnel and operational tempo relief for the active forces in peacetime, and provide service to the community. As citizen-Marines, the men and women of Marine Forces Reserve will be community beacons by living the Marine Corps' story of daily service to family, community, and nation.
We are seeking a Security Specialist to provide administrative and/or clerical skills, practical knowledge of specific security objectives, programs, methods, and procedures.
Security Specialist I
• Verifying that all personnel paperwork and background investigations are screened appropriately; verify security clearances and access for military reenlistments, transfers, and retirements; review and process clearance documents; and ensure records are checked, inventoried and processed
• Recording and maintaining a comprehensive security access and clearance list and will demonstrate the capability of producing sound results of all assigned tasks
• Verifying correct person category and ensure accurate data is processed, perform Orientation and Check-in/Check-out procedures, confirm security clearance and access in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), identify clearance initiations and updates when required, and ensure completion of Standard Form (SF) 312 Nondisclosure Agreements
• Processing Courier Cards and Courier Letters
• Performing as the Supply procurement coordinator, and will assist the purchase card manager with ordering, purchasing and receipt of office supplies and security program support equipment
• Identifying System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) Forms and ensuring each Form is processed for clearance eligibility and for signature
• Routing and filing all messages and correspondence, and sort and distribute mail to appropriate personnel
• A High School Diploma is required
• 2 to 5 years of US Military experience in a related position or field is required (U.S. Marine Corp. experience is preferred & highly desired).
• Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
• Demonstrate the ability to carry out support tasks related to security administration as presented.
• Have working experience with the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) as a function and a database
• An active Secret Clearance is mandatory.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10490 online at www.cherokee-cnmc.com
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division’s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf