Security Director - Law Enforcement Experience Desired Job
Allied Barton - Houston, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. Our more than 50,000 employees and 100 offices across the country service a client base of several thousand which includes approximately 200 Fortune 500 companies nationwide. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957. As the first security services company selected as one of Training magazine's Top 125 training companies for six consecutive years, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based, and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our commitment to training includes industry specific programs that are customized for the security challenges in several of the markets we serve.AlliedBarton's focus on Human Capital Management moves employee growth and satisfaction to the forefront of all company initiatives. By utilizing employee retention programs and promotions from within, AlliedBarton is able to foster a culture of quality security officers and continuous customer satisfaction.AlliedBarton security officers adhere to quality standards designed to provide unparalleled service. Our security officers are proactive, responsive and ready to meet our client's needs. WE ARE CONDUCTING A DATA BASE SEARCH FOR Security Directors in the HOUSTON AREA. (WHEN WE HAVE AN OPENING, WE WILL CONTACT THOSE WHO ARE QUALIFIED FOR PERSONAL INTERVIEWS.)This high profile position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to make a difference and bring talent and leadership to one of our most critical accounts. The Security Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the Center's security program. Crime prevention and high visibility, risk management and customer service are important components when managing the shopping center. The qualified individual will build, improve and maintain an effective relationship with the client, tenants and employees; develop a professional staff and coordinate support services to effectively manage the site and meet or exceed the operational goals of the account. The Security Manager will also be responsible for training, communications and performance management. Other Responsibilities include the following: recruiting/hiring security officers and staff; scheduling; payroll; management reporting; financial management of account; developing / maintaining site-specific operational procedures manuals; reviewing all reports and logs and providing daily summary to Center Management; performing account audits and off-hour visits and completing required documentation; managing uniforms, equipment, supplies & vehicles and ensuring these are in good condition and maintained in the appropriate quantities; meeting regularly with the site's General Manager and providing security and technical expertise and solutions. Basic Job Responsibilities:* Supervise the day to day security operations at designated Client Site* Manage a team of Security Officers, Site and Shift Supervisors including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support.* Ensure client is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.* Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees.* Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service* Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met* Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately* Other management responsibilities as determined by Clients or District Manager* Ability to conduct Risk Assessments* Knowledge of Security Electronic SystemsBasic Qualifications:- 3 years experience managing staff and business operations required.
- Four year college degree or 3 years equivalent work experience in business, law enforcement or security services preferred.Previous experience in a shopping center or other similar facility highly desired. Previous law enforcement experience a plus.
- Valid Driver's license
- Strong computer/internet experience and the ability to learn and adopt new and changing technology.
- Accessible 24/7 with the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- The ability to patrol site by vehicle and/or foot as required.
- College degree in Business Administration/Criminal Justice or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience.
- 4 years of experiences in a supervisory role with the ability to effectively manage multiple groups of off site staff in multiple locations.
- Effective Organizations Skills and Attention to detail.
- Previous Contract Security, facilities management, military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining staff.
- Strong time management experience required with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results, Building Effective and Performing Teams, Delegating, Learning on the Fly. 1. Staff Management* Communicate staffing needs via Requisition Form; assist recruiters in identifying, interviewing and hiring quality candidates.* Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, MSO training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.).* Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate Support employees, as required) and that personnel records are updated and accurate (Change of Status forms, rosters, etc.). * Assure communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at each site.* Provides the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.2. Enforcement of Contract Standards* Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.* Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel, as well as meet AlliedBarton's corporate training standards.* Reconcile security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to client and coordinate preliminary investigations.* Perform account audits and off-hour visits, completing required documentation.* Develop / maintain operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific OPM and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff.* Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies & vehicles utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.* Take a proactive role in communicating with the client and meeting his needs; meet with regularly, listen to issues, provide security and technical expertise and solutions. Ensure complete customer satisfaction