This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 7/15/2017
Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (SE Solutions) is a proven, results-focused management and information technology services firm committed to support federal agencies that focus on protecting and defending our nation s homeland security, intelligence, and stability. In a rapidly changing threat landscape, we have the organizational agility, deep homeland security experience, cultural insight and multidisciplinary expertise to help our customers accomplish today s mission and anticipate tomorrow s demands, efficiently and cost-effectively.
SE Solutions IT security professionals to support federal agencies in the in the development and application of a comprehensive cybersecurity solutions including risk management, incident response, continuous monitoring, ongoing authorization, security architecture and engineering, and penetration testing. SE Solutions is currently looking for an experienced Security Engineer in support of one of our Homeland Security network security operations center support engagements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Practical understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards
* Experience in the operations, management, monitoring and maintenance of network security devices and technologies, including firewalls, routers, VPN, IDS sensors, proxies, wireless access points, PKI, domain controllers, security information event managers, etc.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.), network equipment (e.g. routers, switches) and network security devices (e.g. firewalls, IDS sensors, proxy servers, VPN concentrators, etc.)
* Ability to execute and experience with change, problem and incident management concepts and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, COBIT)
* Excellent organizational and attention to details skills required
* Experience with MS Exchange and Active Directory highly desired
* Hours of operation are typically 8:00 AM 5:00 PM. Actual hours may vary depending on mission requirements.
* B.A. or B.S. in Information Technology or a related field; or have equivalent and direct experience in operating, managing and monitoring network security equipment and technologies.
* One or more vendor-specific certifications required (e.g. MCSE, CCNP).
MINIMUM YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
* At least six years of experience in security focused IT engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.