This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20002424
The Security Engineer leads the CoE staff, Information Risk Management, Shared Services and Infrastructure to drive security standards & excellence throughout Specialty applications and processes.
* Champion of security industry standards and implementation within Specialty programs & processes.
* Create and update applications using the latest security standards.
* Liaison for IRM, security, PCI, NIST, HIPAA & external audits.
* Drive security portfolio deliverables and identify gaps & cost for future programs.
* Identify and drive security standards on new programs and portfolios.
* Support security information tracking & monitoring for Fraud, Waste and Abuse.
* Put processes in place as needed to ensure that Specialty is not negatively impacted by any Enterprise change going forward.
* Drive structural or process adjustments within all IT Shared Service areas to ensure that those areas continue to improve their security interactions with Specialty.
* Create and enforce new security standards.
* Create and track appropriate metrics for security standards.
* Respond to urgent events without losing focus on strategic deliverables.
* Manage relationships with cross-functional IT COEs, Shared Services, Infrastructure and Operations.
* Decision maker for security direction, considering risk, time & cost.
* Lead team members from cross-functional domains that are also in geographically diverse locations.
* Bachelor s degree in Information Systems or related field
* 8+ years Information Technology experience with direct experience implementing high volume multi-tier transactional systems, including: mainframe, web applications, distributed, services & workflow.
* 5+ years Information Security experience
* 5+ years in Risk, IT Consulting, IT Infrastructure Management or Data Governance
* Minimum of 8+ Years IT experience, Mastery / certification in one or more standard architecture frameworks or technologies.
* Security certification preferred, e.g. Security+, CISSP, CSSLP, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to provide and implement secure solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
* Experience working in a vendor partner model
* Strong mentoring skills
* Demonstrated ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams
* Demonstrated strong understanding and experience with both information security and risk management, including information security assessment, mitigation solution design/implementation, policy and standards
* Ability to define N-tier applications, understanding how they fit into the overall system architecture of a shared SOA platform and supporting IT infrastructure
* Deep knowledge of current technologies including Open Source, J2EE (JSP, Servlet, JSP, etc.), web application development, web services (REST/SOAP/XML), Rich Internet Applications, messaging infrastructures and databases
* Possesses a sense of urgency about exceeding the objectives of the role
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing, highly complex matrixed environment
* A team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong productive relationships internally and externally
* Strong interpersonal, influence and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in geographically dispersed environments
* Experience with health care or PBM industry very helpful
* Partner with the software development engineer, other members of the development team, and Information Risk Management to ensure applications meet the accepted software security standards
* Provides security leadership and assist management in implementing the organization s security strategy
* Works with the application development team to find and remediate existing vulnerabilities
Serves as a security SME for the application development team
* Coaches and mentors development teams on how to write secure software
* Provides technical guidance to projects/programs for all security questions and concerns
* Leads development of standard application security practices, components, and guidelines, including libraries, frameworks, and reference implementations
* Assists teams to resolve urgent and high production incidents in a manner that is consistent with the published security guidelines
* Works on special projects as assigned
* Provides security subject matter expertise and proactively identifies risk-based security solutions
* Prioritizes requests and activities and develops schedules and work plans for projects/initiatives
* Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames
* Ensures quality and service standards are maintained
* Leads resolution of urgent and on-going problems cross-functionally to ensure overall security
* Leads the development and implementation of strategic work plan goals; tracks and periodically reports progress to leadership
* Assists with information security budget planning and management for their department
* May direct a team of contract staff in one or more sites
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
* Willingness to travel as needed
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Information Technology s vision is to be a catalyst in developing new business opportunities, sustaining strategic partnerships with our customers and supporting the future growth of Express Scripts. This vision is realized by aligning our work to corporate goals and market forces in order to deliver innovative business solutions in a reliable, secure and compliant manner while positioning us for future technology & market change. We deliver on these imperatives through the use of best people, best methods, best partners, enabled by a flexible & scalable architecture to deliver business value.
Through this vision, we achieve our mission to provide innovative business solutions that enable & drive value in a timely, reliable, secure and cost-effective manner.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex,