This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 9/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
* Security Guard
* Chicago Main
* Security Manager
* Guards industrial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
* Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds of industrial plant or commercial establishment, docks, logging camp area, or work site.
* Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
* Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
* Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
* Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
* Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
* Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
* Permits authorized persons to enter property.
* Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
* Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
* Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow.
* To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
* Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
* Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
* Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
* Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals..
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to speak fluent Spanish.
* Knowledge of Database software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to staff, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.