This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
West Mifflin, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
USS Mon Valley Works is seeking a Security and Fire Technician. This position is responsible for responding to emergency scenes (Patrol, Fire and EMS), operation of fire apparatus, equipment rope,confined space rescue and fire and security duties.
The job is within a heavy industrial environment and will be required to work within various areas of the Mon Valley facility. Dependent on the area, the environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet and noisy.
This position will require working rotating shifts including, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. The position also requires working overtime as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Pennsylvania Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification
- Minimum 2 year experience in medical, fire and security field
- Pennsylvania Essentials of Fire Fighting or equivalent
- A two year Associates Degree in Fire Science or studies towards a degree in Public Safety, Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement may be substituted for experience
- Ability to handle stressful emergency situations
- Ability to conduct investigations and document facts in a report format
- Certified Firefighter I/II preferred
- Hazardous Materials Operation
- Rope and confined space rescue
- As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.