This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
This position manages, promotes and maintains the auction s security and property protection programs by directing and coordinating the auction security staff and ensuring that security policies and procedures meet established guidelines.
* Plan, organize and coordinate all phases of the security operation at the auction.
* Establish operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and fire fighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
* Ensure all security policies and procedures are implemented and followed by security team.
* Complete accurate and efficient reports on theft, fire, safety and security and submit to management and corporate security for review on a regular basis.
* Responsible for developing and managing the security training program for the security staff and employees of the auction. Coordinate with Manheim Corporate Security in order to comply with corporate security guidelines and directives.
* Establish and communicate the weekly work schedule for the security department
* Conduct security inspections to identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
* Conduct security investigations in coordination with auction management, human resources, local law enforcement & Manheim Corporate Security as necessary.
* Conduct off-duty and weekend inspections of security personnel to ensure policies and procedures are enforced.
* Confer with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of Auction activities with local law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
* Maintain and develop security staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities. Counsel and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
* When needed, input, and oversee the input of vehicle information into the AS400 using a handheld computer.
* Visibly demonstrate security commitment by following all security standards established by Manheim Corporate Security. Work in cooperation with Manheim Corporate Security in support of all security activities aligned with Security Excellence.
* Assist Manheim Corporate Security and auction management with special projects associated with the security operation.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with the market safety leader in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
* Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree w/ Criminal Justice major preferred.
3 5 years experience with a security agency, law enforcement organization or military experience in a supervisor role.
Current knowledge in security investigations, stolen vehicle identification and title fraud investigations preferred.
Strong written and oral communication and interaction skills required.
Competent management and excellent organizational skills required.
Good computer and software knowledge.
Valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and weather conditions.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NC-Statesville-145 Auction Ln
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Manager
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing