Security Monitoring Analyst 8/20/2016
Cotiviti USA, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This Security Monitoring Analyst role works within the Security Operations team to ensure the ongoing protection of the systems, network, physical assets and data of the company and that they are operated under continued alignment with corporate security and compliance policies. This will be achieved by operating security monitoring tools and processes designed to protect the company s systems and network.
The Security Monitoring Analyst ensures that all security events are appropriately reviewed and responded to through the following activities:
* Monitors and responds to security events, alerts and reports provided by Information Security and Corporate Security tools such as SIEM, DLP, IDS, physical alarms as well as notifications to the company hotline and mailbox.
* Review changes to UNIX, Windows and AD security configuration and privileged groups and investigate to identify unauthorized activity.
* Responds to Cyber Intelligence briefings, bulletins and notifications; searches for the presence of Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) within the company based on intelligence.
* Selective testing of monitoring and logs to ensure adequate coverage.
* Makes updates to configuration of monitoring tools such as rules, policies for enhancement and tuning purposes.
* Manages Security Incident Response upon confirmation of a security incident
* Executes IT data acquisition for investigations and digital forensics activity
* Assist in the building and deployment of tools and processes in support of the above objectives and responsibilities as required.
* Keeps accurate records and reports of above.
Education, Experience, Abilities
* Bachelors Degree in a field related to Information Security (or equivalent experience), preferred.
* 2+ Yrs of Experience in Security Operations and/or Information Security alert monitoring in at least two of the following: DLP, network, Windows/AD, UNIX, Physical Security Alarms
* Experience with Information Security and Corporate Security tools such as SIEM, DLP, IDS, physical alarms as well as notifications to the company hotline and mailbox.
* Hands-on Experience with forensics tools similar to Access Data FTK a plus
* Works with a sense of urgency
* Demonstrated ability to show initiative to drive progress and improvement
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Prior experience in healthcare, financial services, government or any other highly regulated sector is a plus
* Travel Requirements: less than 5%
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
* Ability to work within a matrix organization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.