Security Officer $14/Hr - Westfield Oakridge Mall
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
San Jose, CA
SECURITY OFFICER $14/HR - WESTFIELD OAKRIDGE MALL
Allied Universal, the largest retail security provider in the industry, is seeking Security Officers at the beautiful Westfield Oakridge Mall inSan Jose. Allied Universal is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
$14.00/Hr. Starting Pay depending on experience + $200 Retention Bonus, paid at 90 Days.
Growth Opportunities to Shift Supervisor, and Beyond! Huge property, work with a team where you are continuously learning and growing!
The ideal candidate for the Security Officer is customer service oriented, and enjoys interacting with the public. Prior Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience is preferred, but applicants considering a career in Law Enforcement or with a Customer Service background are encouraged to apply.
Online applications now being accepted. Follow up with our San Jose Staffing Specialist # (408) 677-8896
**Exceptional professionalism required. Must meet Grooming and Uniform standards.
**Must be willing to be trained in the use of handcuffs, O.C. Spray, and Citizens Arrest.
The successful Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Vehicle patrol of exterior areas of assigned locations
* Foot patrol of interior/exterior areas of assigned locations
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
* Use of innovative, wireless technology for checkpoints and requirements, immediate synchronization, reports, forms and locations in real-time (client specific sites)
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* In order to operate Site Security vehicles, Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license for the state in which applying.
* Must be able to be issued a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days