Security Officer - Anchorage Courts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
SECURITY OFFICER - ANCHORAGE COURTS
Full-Time Security Court Screener being recruited for Anchorage Courts.
If you are looking for a stable company with great benefits and growth opportunities, this is it! We offer anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K. To demonstrate success in this role the ideal candidate for the Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate well with others.
Must be able to work weekdays and weekends.
* Ability to operate x-ray machine in a focused manner, avoiding being distracted by visitors, co-workers or other activities not relating to the operation of the machine.
* Monitors visitors as they move through the walk-through metal detector to ensure they are suitably screened and cleared.
* Ability to use hand-held metal detector, conduct inspections of any visitor unable to pass through the walk-through metal detector.
* Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
* Be a skilled Professional, and provide excellent Customer Service.
* Work close with courthouse law enforcement.
* Experience: Previous Security Screening and/or Customer Service experience is preferred, but not required.
Apply online for consideration.
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Security Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days