Security Officer - Armed (Canine)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
West Palm Beach, FL
SECURITY OFFICER - ARMED (CANINE)
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business.
If you re passionate about keeping people safe, have a great work ethic, dependable, then we want to talk to you.
Why Allied Universal* For all full time positions we offer, anniversary bonus, on the spot recognition program, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K. We promote from within our company. You can start with little or no security experience and become one of Allied Universals many success stories.
We proudly support the Veterans Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hiring a total of one million military Veterans.
Allied Universal is seeking experienced professional security personnel. As an Armed Security Officer, you will provide armed, uniformed security to a variety of assigned clients. The ideal candidate for the Armed Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate well with others. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service. Apply today to join a company that cares for and recognizes its people.
Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
The successful Armed Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Patrolling interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Reporting suspicious activities and persons
* Writing detailed narrative reports, maintaining daily activity reports (DARs)
* Maintaining access control through an admittance process
* Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite or bar their admittance to the site or facility
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, and security violations
Part Time positions offer benefits including $14.50/hr pay + anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + 401K.
Full Time positions offer benefits including $14.50/hr pay + anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
Qualified applicants for the Armed Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Must have open availability and a strong sense of urgency.
* Must be trainable for multiple locations.
* Must have valid gun/weapons license.
* Must possess a valid FL Class "D" and "G" Guard License.
* Must have military and/or law enforcement training and experience.
* Must have at leaast one year experience handling canines.
* Handler and canine must successfully complete an obedience/temperament certification with vendor provided by Allied Universal.
* Provide a canine, deemed appropriate by the Director of Security, for use on-site. Suitable breeds include, but are not limited to; German Shepard, Belgian Malinois, Doberman Pincher, Dutch Shepard, etc; and must be obedient to handler at all times with a temperament that allows for interaction with residents, guests, vendors, etc. Canines that have been trained in bite work or is naturally aggressive in any manner WILL NOT be accepted.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Maintain standard of physical fitness; physical demands include, but are not limited to, ability to maintain physical control over canine during foot patrol and/or any deployment, as well as all standard physical requirements outlined in the Universal Protection Services officer requirements.
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Southeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days