Security Officer - Armed Flex Officer Level 3 required 9/12/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
San Antonio, TX
SECURITY OFFICER - ARMED FLEX OFFICER LEVEL 3 REQUIRED
Allied Universal is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
Looking for a stable company with great benefits and growth opportunities* We offer for FT positions, anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
State Certified, CURRENT and ACTIVE Commission Card (we will consider recent Level 3 course credentials for licensure and future Armed positions)
FULL DUTY GEAR (Nylon belt, under belt, keepers, Level 2 or 3 holster, mag pouch, handcuff and other required equipment pouches)
AUTHORIZED DUTY WEAPON: GLOCK 9mm is the Primary approved duty weapon. Other high-end makes, as long as they are hi-capacity (no compact or single stack weapons), may be approved at time of interview (Sig-Sauer, Springfield XD, Smith M&P, Beretta, etc.)
Must bring weapon, duty gear and guard card in at time of interview for visual inspection.
NOTE: If you have been through the Level 3 course, but have not registered with the State, we have plenty of UNARMED positions available and will apply for your level 3 license. After 90 day performance/attendance review, we will offer ARMED posts as they become available. So bring recent (within the last 90 days) training certificates with you to the interview.
Allied Universal Security Services
3355 Cherry Ridge Suite 200
San Antonio, Texas 78230
Qualified applicants for the Armed Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Must have open availability and a strong sense of urgency.
* Must be trainable for multiple locations.
* Must have valid gun/weapons license.
* Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment, if working in a state where Guard license is required.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days