Security Officer - Armed
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
Simi Valley, CA
SECURITY OFFICER - ARMED
Armed Security Officers - Simi Valley, CA
PAY-RATE: $13.00 - $14.00 (DOE) + $250 HIRING BONUS!
Universal Protection Service is seeking experienced Security Officers to work at a prestigious property in Simi Valley, CA.
Courteous, outgoing armed Security Professionals needed! Must have professional attitude and appearance, posses a current California Guard-Card License AND valid weapons permit.
As a Security Officer at this prestigious Simi Valley property you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of guests, team members, and the security of the property while providing exceptional customer service. For immediate consideration, please complete online application AND forward resume\' to: Joel.Council@aus.com
Apply Online at:https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp*R_ID=1380725 Or Universalpro.com / Keyword: Careers
* Available to begin work immediately * Immediate job opening - applicants must have current California Guard-Card License, AND valid weapon permit.
* MUST own weapon (9 Mil. Preferred).
* Experience writing incident reports, and reporting incidents on mobile electronic devices
* Friendly personality required
* Must have a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
These positions receive a benefits package, and can promote up if the officer complies with training, scheduling, maintains a positive work status.
$200.00 Sign on Bonus Details: Offer expires 9/30/16. Must have BSIS-issued guard card at time of application. Bonus will be paid in 2 increments, $100.00 paid after successful completion of 90 days working in the Armed Security Officer position located in Simi Valley CA, and $100.00 after successful completion of 180th day of employment.
Qualified Armed Security Professional applicants will meet the following criteria:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Must have a valid gun/weapons permit.
* Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days