Security Officer - Bellingham 12.75 per Hour
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
SECURITY OFFICER - BELLINGHAM 12.75 PER HOUR
Security Officers - Security Facility in Bellingham, WA.
Pay rate, upon completion of 90 day probationary period, is $12.75/Hr.
1 + Years' experience a plus.
General computer skills and proficiency required. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to multi-task, discerns patterns in details, think through problems for logical solutions, and remain calm and professional under stress.
Apply online. Follow up with our local Hiring Manager # (425) 383-2819
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The Security Officers are responsible for Security Access Control (badging and access control experience highly beneficial) monitoring all security, communication and fire /life safety systems within the designated region via the Client Provided Monitoring Systems. Security screening experience preferred, computer skills required.
* The Security Officers are responsible for conducting thorough security rounds on foot, monitoring and logging information clearly on each shift. Exceptional communication skills are required for this site.
* Internal and External Customer Relations.
* Foot and vehicle patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations.
* Have the ability to report suspicious activities and persons, write detailed narrative reports, maintain daily activity reports (DARs), enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
* Access control through an admittance process.
* Assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility.
* Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, and unauthorized persons.
* Inspects buildings and ground using appropriate equipment.
* Operate and monitor close circuit television systems.
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days