Security Officer - City Creek Security - New Hire Bonus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
SECURITY OFFICER - CITY CREEK SECURITY - NEW HIRE BONUS
$13.00/Hour Starting Pay & Consistent Raises
Fun, Friendly, Outdoor & Indoor Atmosphere
Viva Best-of-the-Best Award Winning Center
Fast Paced, Dynamic Work Environment in Downtown Salt Lake
Flexible Scheduling Great Job While Going to School
Industry Leading Paid Training Provided
Collaboration with Law Enforcement & DHS
Interaction with Diverse Public From All Over The World
Coordination & Management of Special Events
Full-Time, Part-Time, and Seasonal Positions Available
Career Advancement Opportunities in a Fast Growing Company
Full Benefits Available (Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Etc.)
Allied Universal, the largest retail security provider in the industry, is seeking Public Safety Officers to work at the prestigious City Creek Center. At City Creek Security, our vision is to be exceptional--to maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results. Allied Universal seeks passionate applicants who love working with people.
**The ideal candidate for the Public Safety Officer is customer service oriented and enjoys interacting with the public. Prior Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience is preferred, but applicants considering a career in Law Enforcement or with a Customer Service background are strongly encouraged to apply.
At City Creek Security, you will receive outstanding paid training including: State Security Licensing, Observation Techniques, Scene Investigation & Preservation, Crime Prevention, Emergency Response, First-Aid, CPR, AED, the use of Handcuffs, De-escalation, and Arrest Techniques--those new to the industry are encouraged to apply. On-site training and growth opportunities are available. We are proud to have employed several officers who have moved on to work for local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
The successful Public Safety Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Patrol the interior and exterior areas of center
Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post Orders and directed by Security Management
Engage with the general public to offer assistance and directions
Assist with the general operations of City Creek Center's unique facility
Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
Write detailed narrative reports using company reporting software
Actively enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days