Security Officer - Defense Contractor $12.75/Hr. and $300 Incentive Bonus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
SECURITY OFFICER - DEFENSE CONTRACTOR $12.75/HR. AND $300 INCENTIVE BONUS
$12.75/Hr. + $300 Incentive Bonus, paid at 90 Days. Full-Time Security Officers to work at a facility in Bothell (Defense Contractor).
This position is being advertised on behalf of Guardsmark Security, who recently integrated with Universal Protection Service.
Must be able to pass extensive background criteria and be willing to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Successful candidates will provide unmatched service to clients and visitors of the assigned building. Successful candidates will have previous experience using a computer workstation and office automation. Successful candidates will be expected to greet clients, and visitors; maintain access control; and exceed expectations of the position. Successful candidates will be emotionally mature, disciplined, and excellent communicators and will have a history of good attendance and job performance. Experience in a DoD environment or in the government or military sector strongly preferred.
Apply online. Call our Seattle office at # 206.448.4040 to follow up on your application.
Responsibilities include the following security related functions:
* Issue Temporary Identification and Visitor Badges, as required. * Screen visitors/employees entering or leaving the property as directed. * Conduct inspections at the perimeter for material entering or leaving the facility. * Conduct inspections of employees and /or visitors as directed, and may include inspection of personal effects of employees, contractors, visitors and vendors. * Control access into classified areas as directed. * Act as escort/courier for classified materials as directed. * Respond to alarms and all emergency situations. * Perform traffic and/or crowd control duties as required. * Perform fire extinguisher verifications as directed. * Monitor alarm or video systems, as required. * Observe and report any unusual occurrences of an unsafe or suspicious nature. * Maintain order in emergencies. Make special investigations as assigned and complete reports as required. Cooperate and coordinate with all city, state and federal law enforcement agencies. * Become certified in CPR/First Aid/AED and respond to emergency medical situations. * Operate a computer workstation and related equipment
BENEFITS Allied Universal recognizes and rewards your commitment to excellence. Our security professionals enjoy advancement opportunities, weekly direct deposit, benefits including 401(k),a variety of medical, dental and vision options, holiday pay, training and development, and On-the-spot recognition programs.
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days