Security Officer - Defense Contractor $ 200 bonus with valid Calif. Guard Card!
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
Santa Cruz, CA
SECURITY OFFICER - DEFENSE CONTRACTOR $ 200 BONUS WITH VALID CALIF. GUARD CARD!
$13.25/Hr. Merit increases apply. ** $ 200.00 bonus for applicants with current California Guard Card ! **
Highly secure facility - Defense Contractor in the Santa Cruz, CA area. New hires must be willing to undergo a background check and obtain a Department of Defense Security Clearance
***Exceptional professionalism, demeanor, and communication skills required, both verbal and written. Computer/smart phone skills required***
This position is being advertised on behalf of Guardsmark Security, who recently integrated with Allied Universal Service. We proudly support the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020.
Online applications now being accepted.
Call #831-769-8981 to follow up on your application.
Responsibilities include the following security related functions:
* Issue Temporary Identification and Visitor Badges, as required. * Screen visitors/employees entering or leaving the property as directed. * Conduct inspections at the perimeter for material entering or leaving the facility. * Conduct inspections of employees and /or visitors as directed, and may include inspection of personal effects of employees, contractors, visitors and vendors. * Control access into classified areas as directed. * Act as escort/courier for classified materials as directed. * Respond to alarms and all emergency situations. * Perform traffic and/or crowd control duties as required. * Perform fire extinguisher verifications as directed. * Monitor alarm or video systems, as required. * Observe and report any unusual occurrences of an unsafe or suspicious nature. * Maintain order in emergencies. Make special investigations as assigned and complete reports as required. Cooperate and coordinate with all city, state and federal law enforcement agencies. * Become certified in CPR/First Aid/AED and respond to emergency medical situations. * Operate a computer workstation and related equipment
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days