Security Officer - Downtown Portland $11 - $15 per Hour DOE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
SECURITY OFFICER - DOWNTOWN PORTLAND $11 - $15 PER HOUR DOE
Allied Universal seeks Security Officers for prestigious Downtown Portland High-Rise Buildings - On Public Transport
$11.00-$15.00/Hr. DOE and location
Benefits and Excellent Growth Opportunities. ***High-rise Security experience strongly beneficial***Must be able to patrol extensively on foot***
As a Security Officer you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of tenants, guests and team members, and the security of the property while providing exceptional customer service. Security will provide un-matched service to residents and visitors. Will open doors, go the extra mile, and exceed expectations.
Apply online. Follow up with our local office:
9700 SW Capitol Hwy | Suite 105 | Portland, OR 97219
Ph (503) 284.5050
*CCTV, Access Control, and Alarm Monitoring experience a plus
*Excellent computer skills. Experience writing incident reports, and reporting incidents on mobile electronic devices
*Friendly personality required. Well mannered and well groomed
*Must have a sense of urgency and good responsiveness
The successful candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned location.
* Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire premises. Promote safe work practices.
* Have the ability to report suspicious activities and persons, write detailed narrative reports, maintain daily activity reports (DARs), enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
* Access control through an admittance process.
* Assist with tenant requests.
* Perform protective and enforcement functions in a friendly and courteous manner and maintain a safe and secure environment.
* Assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility.
* Responsible for the safety and security of tenants and guests.
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
* Inspects buildings and ground using appropriate equipment.
* Operate and monitor close circuit television systems.
Requirements for this position include the following:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. * Be at least 18 years of age. * As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. * Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills. * Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet) * Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift * Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties * Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds * Run as needed * Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks * Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination * Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones * Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat; * Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments * Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines * Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills * Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions * Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days