Security Officer F/T Combination schedule NW San Antonio off DeZavala Rd.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
* Work Environment: Provide physical security services for a professional office building. Position will have a main emphasis on Vehicle Patrol and Command Center Operations.
* Location: based in the Northwest area of San Antonio, TX.
* Work Schedule: Saturday and Sunday 0700-1500, Tuesday 1500-2300, Wednesday and Thursday 2300-0700. Prospect will work all shifts at this site.
* Requires a valid driver's license with at least one year of driving experience
* Prior experience in contract security, law enforcement, military or similar field is highly preferred
Security Officers are a cornerstone at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company s core purpose, which is To serve and secure the people and businesses of our community . They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect.
Security Officers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle, working at the entrance to the facility and answering phones, greeting guests and employees and monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems.
Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.
Security officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
* Officers ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
* Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
* Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
* Answers questions and assists guests and employees.
* Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
* Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
* Answering phones, greeting guests and employees
* Monitoring closed circuit television systems and alarms.
* All prospects must have at least six months of Security experience, or in a similar industry.
* All prospects must have great computer skills.
* Site is located in the Northwest side of San Antonio, off of DeZavala Rd.
* Site pay rate will be $9.84 per hour.
* Schedule for this position is Tuesday through Satuday from 1500-2300, with Sunday and Monday off.
* Apply now for a chance to learn a good venue in security, providing service for a professional building.
* Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
* Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
* Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
* Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites.
* Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
* You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified to carry OC sprays, drive bicycles, operate Segway s, etc.
* Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
* Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
* Successful completion of AlliedBarton s Master Security Officers Basic (Level 1) Course.
* Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
* Neat and professional appearance.
* Friendly and professional demeanor.
* Ability to providing quality customer service.
* Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiate AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture helps our employees grow personally and professionally.
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure* Embark upon an exciting career journey and Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
For additional information, please visit our website at www.AlliedBarton.com.
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.