Security Officer - Hospital Hill (Varied shifts available) 9/7/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Proactively helps to provide a secure and safe environment that allows everyone using the healthcare faculties offered by the Truman Medical Centers to deliver or receive quality services with minimal threats against their personal well being or their property.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Applicant must meet the requirements specified in the Fleet Driving Safety and Compliance Policy and must continue to meet these requirements as a condition of employment.
3. Possession of or able to qualify for a Private Security Officer's License under the Truman Medical Centers name within 20 days of the incumbent s hire date. The Private /Security License must not be placed in a state of suspension or revocation at any time for continued employment.
4. Possess own weapon (40 caliber Glock) or able to purchase the authorized firearm within 20 days of hire date
5. Must re-qualify annually at the Security Department s designated range
6. Basic computer literacy including touch type/keyboard 20wpm
7. Have the physical ability to walk, run, jump, stoop, crawl, lift up to 75 pounds and be able to respond to any type of emergency situation
8. All new Officers will receive the following training within 60 days of hire and will be tested annually thereafter to ensure a desired competency level.
* Restraint and Seclusion
* Firearm requalification (All safety aspects, firearm operation)
* Situational training (firearm)
* Handgun retention
* Control and Defensive Tactics (CDT) Annual competency completion is required for continued employment
1. One year experience as a Hospital Security Officer
2. Experience working in an environment that required high volume of contact with the public in routine and non-routine situations
3. Completion of a recognized Security Officer training program via IAHSS or ASIS
4. Has experience with use of the six underpinning concepts of report writing (who, what, when, where, how and why)
5. Basic computer literacy
6. Able to articulate information to clients (patients, visitors, employees) in a manner that focuses on positive guest relations
10:30AM - 7:00PM