Security Officer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Under the general supervision of a lead or supervisor, performs necessary and diverse facilities functions. Provides support in protecting the physical assets of the company and supports the safety and security of persons, processes, and procedures of the company.
* Participates in conducting preventive maintenance and repairs for proper functional and aesthetic value of access control, life safety, and other related systems.
* Participates in building evacuation and emergency response drills, providing emergency support as directed.
* Documents routine and emergency activity in an accurate, complete and thorough manner.
* Performs building reception and access control duties.
* Selects and uses established purchasing protocols for materials or components of a routine nature that are limited to a moderate monetary amount necessary for projects, repairs, inventory, or normal supplusage.
* Assists engineers, supervisors, project managers, and other facilities personnel by providing support with projects.
* Assists in the coordination of snow/ice removal during the winter months including initiating and directing activities of the snow removal contractor.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May schedule the work of other employees, contractors, and vendors.
* May assist in training of entry-level facilities personnel in building maintenance, renovation technologies, procedures, technical knowledge, and the use of facilities systems.
* May be required to handle, collect, label, and/or transfer hazardous chemical waste following established procedures and guidelines.
* May be accountable for small and medium-scope projects.
* May be required to work other shifts, non-standard work, or overtime hours to meet objectives and schedules.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
* Minimum 3 years experience.
* Previous experience in security, police or other first responder role preferred. May include Civilian or Military Police, Civilian or Military Firefighter, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated high level of honesty, integrity, ethics, and professionalism is required.
* Demonstrated ability to identify problems and provide possible solutions.
* Ability to read building layouts and blueprints.
* Communicate effectively via phone and radio.
* Establish initial incident command until relieved.
* Coordinate appropriate response to emerging issues on campus including notifications of Facilities, Operations, and
* Management team personnel as required.
* Physical ability to conduct foot and vehicle patrols and inspections of site facilities and equipment for safety and security.
* Conduct preliminary inquiries of incidents and accidents on campus.
* Able to respond to a wide variety of emergencies including accidents, medical emergencies, severe weather, and facility system failures.
* Ability to coordinate with emergency response personnel from local police, fire, and other government organizations.
* Skills to monitor and operate the fire/life safety systems for the campus.
* Ability to carry out and interpret existing methods and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and accountability reporting to include marked drawings showing building or systems changes.
* Operates and cares for associated tools and equipment required to perform functions of the job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Receive and/or maintain CPR and First Aid Certification.
* A valid Driver s License is required.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Manufacturing Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, and hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Must be able to maintain pace with the assembly line.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
* Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
* Requires the ability to bond using repetitive moderate force gripping.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com. To view the 'EEO is the Law' Federal poster prohibiting job discrimination please click the link.