Security Officer II - PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
This position is PRN. Provides protective services for St. Michael Health Care Center, St. Michael Rehabilitation Hospital and other administration approval facility associates, patients, visitors, medical staff, and facility assets.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Uses time in a productive manner and maintains a continuous, highly visible patrol, safeguarding the well being of patients, visitors, associates, and facility assets guarding against unauthorized intrusion, theft, vandalism, abuse, fire, or criminal trespass.
3. Responds and Investigates incidents or unusual activities involving patients, visitors, associates, medical staff or facility assets.
4. Documents and submits accurate and legible incident reports, variance reports, daily activity reports, security/fire/safety check list, and equipment logs etc
5. Performs public relations services (battery boost, airing of tires and escorts) in a courteous and polite manner).
6. Attends all required in-service training or departmental meeting and demonstrates proficiency in the use of authorized weapon, weapons safety, weapons care and cleaning, and the use of patient restraints.
7. Demonstrates knowledge, proper response, and ability to assume responsibility, during emergency codes, alarms, and calls for security assistance.
8. Demonstrates knowledge and proper use and care of Security Equipment, CCTV Monitoring Equipment, Radios, Pagers, Keys, and Vehicles. Assistance in maintain a clean and sanitary work area.
9. Makes constructive recommendations to improve the security management plan.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, the ability to except change and is available as needed. Maintains a good work attendance and does not abuse break periods or sick leave.
11. Security Officer IIs required to clock-in no less than seven minutes prior to their scheduled shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must complete the Basic Security Officer II Training for Hospital Security Officer IIs course within one year, from date of employment available through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS).
- Must have completed the Texas Board of Private Security Agencies Level I, II, & III or Level I and the basic training course.
- Security Officer II Certification, State of Texas
- Basic Life Support, Course A
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Valid drivers license.