Security Officer - Lobby
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
SECURITY OFFICER - LOBBY
Allied Universal is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
Full Time positions offer benefits including $10.70 / hour pay, anniversary bonus, weekly pay, uniforms provided, on the spot recognition program, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
Shift: Monday - Friday 2pm - 8pm
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020.
Allied Universal is seeking dynamic applicants who enjoy working with people! The ideal candidate for the Lobby Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate well with others. This is a great opportunity to join Allied Universal, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service. Apply today to join a company that cares for and recognizes its people. Whether you are an experienced Security Officer, or interested in exploring the security field as a career option, we welcome you to apply!
The successful, Lobby Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations.
* Have the ability to report suspicious activities and persons, write detailed narrative reports, maintain daily activity reports (DARs), enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
* Access control through an admittance process
* Assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility
* Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons
* Inspects buildings and ground using appropriate equipment
* Operate and monitor close circuit television systems
Qualified applicants for the Lobby Security Officer will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. College education preferred
* At least 18 years of age.
* Desired prior high-rise experience
* Must exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days