Security Officer 1 -27028
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Security Officer 1 (27028)
* Valid Driver s License Must be maintained during employment period.
* Prior experience in the Security field is preferred. Parallel experience will be considered.
* Obtain certification in HeartSaver First Aid within 60 days of hire date.
Performs a variety of duties to provide assistance and information to all patients, visitors and staff. Enforce WVUH policies and procedures to provide a safe, secure environment, in support of the WVUH Security Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Initiates positive customer service interaction and provides appropriate assistance to hospital patients, visitors and staff to
facilitate orderly and efficient access to WVUH facilities in accordance with WVUH and departmental policies and
1. Maintains consistent visibility and presence at assigned locations to provide an information and directional
resource for all patients, visitors and staff distributing accurate information to all who request such 100% of the time.
2. Responds to all patient, visitor and staff requests for information/assistance in a caring, courteous manner, 100% of the time.
3. Provides physical assistance, wheelchair assistance, transport services, escort services and room access patients, visitors and staff accessing WVUH facilities.
4. Monitors and maintains traffic flow in WVUH parking areas and roadways by assisting disabled vehicles, issuing parking permits and warning violations.
5. Protects people and property by assisting in the prevention of accidents, theft and vandalism, in accordance with WVUH and department policies and procedures, as monitored by supervision.
6. Maintains consistent presence and visibility by performing routine building rounds, building door unlocks,
exterior building and parking lot patrol.
7. Makes recommendations to management, staff, visitors and patients to improve security and prevent accidents and crime.
8. Reports suspicious situations, circumstances, incidents and persons, according to WVUH and department policy and procedures.
9. Responds and provides assistance to patients, visitors and staff during fire and disaster drills, animal control
issues, transportation of valuables, and lost/found issues, according to WVUH and department policy and
10.Provides written documentation of activities, incidents, premises safety, accidents, theft, vandalism and
other data requested by supervision in a factual, objective and legible manner.
11.Responds to and provides assistance to patients, visitors and staff during emergency situations such as;
assaults, domestic disputes, fire, vandalism, bomb threats, theft, vehicle accidents, disasters, etc.
12. Performs patient restraint as directed by clinical staff, and is capable of physical intervention when
13. Operates Hospital-owned vehicles in a safe and responsible manner, 100% of the time.
14. Ensures safety and proper operating condition of vehicles by performing vehicle inspections, as outlined by
15. Ability to perform effectively under often stressful situations.
16. Good decision making skills.
17. Ability to organize and maintain document controls.
18. Required to have one primary phone contact number. (Primary phone numbers are defined as personal cell
phone or personal home phone).
Incident Reporting. Parking Rounds
Writing Skills. Effective Radio Communication.
Building Rounds. Escort s Patients, Visitors and Staff.
Incident Investigation. Accurate Directions to Customers.
Crowd Control. Team Player and Contributor. Custody Issues. Accurate Documentation.
Restraining Patients. Loss Prevention.
Disaster Response. Vehicle Assists.
Domestic Disputes. Transport Equipment, Staff, Visitors, and Patient.
Med G Assists. Caring and Courteous Attitude.
Parking Enforcement Maintains Confidentiality.
Consistent Presence and Visibility. Adheres to Dress Code.
Helicopter Assignments. Post Assignments for Exterior Patrol, All Canopy, All
Media Issues. Booths.
Victim Assistance. STOPS Training.
Engages in Traffic Direction. Completion of Required Book Sections 1-7.
Investigation of Alarms, Duress,