Security Officer - PRN - JV West Valley
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Jordan Valley West
West Valley City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus opened its doors in 1963 with three operating rooms, forty beds, and was called Pioneer Valley Hospital. By 1980 a new hospital facility had been on the original site.
Today this west side medical facility is host to over 36,000 emergency room visits, making it one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
In 2004 Pioneer Valley Hospital completed an 18-month long, $14 million construction project which included more than 88,000 square feet of expansion and renovations and a significant investment in state-of-the-art medical technology.
The project was conducted in two phases with the first phase producing a new 16,800 square foot emergency room with separate entrances for ambulances and walk-in patients. The second phase included the remodel of approximately 33,400 square feet in the areas of radiology, endoscopy, the baby nursery, hospital laboratory, central sterilization, and outpatient services.
In 2014 the building exterior was renovated to reflect the improvements made within the hospital and our name changed to Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus to more closely reflect our commitment to the community we serve.
As the hospital has grown, Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus has maintained its long-time commitment to providing expert healthcare with kindness and compassion.
* Provides protection services for hospital staff members, patients, visitors, and property.
* Assists in maintaining a safe environment for patients, visitors, and co-workers.
* Assists other departments with security responsibilities by documenting incidents, insuring a locking schedule has been followed, and patrolling the hospital and grounds.
* Enforces hospital rules and policies pertaining to security services.
* Adheres to the SLRMC vision including meeting behavior expectations and providing excellent service to our customers.
* Performs all duties in a manner that promotes and supports the Standards of Conduct for IASIS Healthcare.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1-2 years recent experience as a security guard or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after completion of a training program.
* Utah State Security license preferred.
* Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English. Additionally languages are helpful.
* Basic computer skills.
Iasis Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
JORDAN VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER - WEST VALLEY CAMPUS IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OWNED BY AN ENTITY THAT PROUDLY INCLUDES PHYSICIAN OWNERS, INCLUDING CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE HOSPITAL\'S MEDICAL STAFF.
Job: Security Officer
Primary Location: Utah-West Valley City
Organization: Jordan Valley West
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Employee Status: PRN Position
Work Schedule: Rotating Schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled