Security Officer - Union Square in Seattle
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
SECURITY OFFICER - UNION SQUARE IN SEATTLE
Allied Universal is seeking Full-Time Security Officers to work at the prestigious Union Square in Seattle, WA.
**Must have Open Availability/Schedule Flexibility, and must be able to Obtain GSA (General Services Administration) Clearance**
$14.00/Hr. + Union Benefits! Excellent Training, and Benefits. Highly professional environment. Full schedules now open.
Online applications now being accepted. Cover Letters and Resumes can be addressed to the Director of Security. Email Dan.firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Security Officer at these locations, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of tenants, visitors and team members, and the security of the building and property while providing exceptional customer service.
*High Rise security experience a plus
*CPR/First Aid Certification a plus
The successful candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned location.
* Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire property. Promote safe work practices.
* Have the ability to report suspicious activities and persons, write detailed narrative reports, maintain daily activity reports (DARs), enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
* Access control through an admittance process.
* Perform protective and enforcement functions in a friendly and courteous manner and maintain a safe and secure environment.
* Assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility.
* Responsible for the safety and security of tenants, guests and employees.
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
* Inspects buildings and ground using appropriate equipment.
* Operate and monitor close circuit television systems.
Requirements for this position include the following:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. * Be at least 18 years of age. * Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying. * As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. * As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty. * Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills. * Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet) * Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift * Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties * Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds * Run as needed * Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks * Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination * Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones * Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat; * Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments * Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines * Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills * Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions * Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days