This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
* Summary of Position Description
Stand post, perform patrols and public services to effectively monitor the entire healthcare environment in order to prevent security incidents from occurring, correct them as they emerge and generate a feeling of personal safety and good will on the part of staff, patients and others legitimately at the institution Takes observe and report to the next level. Demonstrates the ability to communicate well with a wide variety of people in stressful or sensitive situations. Works directly with clinical staff and others as appropriate to diffuse problematic or even violent situations. Has the ability to take command of a escalating or violent situation and de-escalate as per organizational training and policies. Generally, this level of skill is usually attained through at least two years of security or equivalent experience. Familiar and proficient in the duties all MMC security posts. Technical requirements included but are not limited to the ability to use all systems in the dispatch area to include skills needed to program door functions and CCTV video retrieval and clip archiving. When responding to door alarms, grasps the fundamental door treatment design principles enough to trouble shoot if the alarm is related to a problem related to inappropriate programming, a carpentry issue, a request to exit device failure or other electronic device failure.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* A valid, acceptable, State of Maine driver s license is required for all associates with a maximum of four accrued penalty points.
* Must possess a high school diploma. Post secondary education preferred.
* Preferably candidates for this position will have two years of healthcare security experience. Other security or public safety experience is a plus, with an emphasis on providing a safe and dignified environment for all types of people in stressful situations.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to respond to a variety of patients with a variety of sensitivities as well as communicate as necessary with a variety of managers and administrators.
* Excellent ability to identify gaps and solve problems.
* Strong Customer Service background required.
* Ability to operate multiple software applications.