Security Officer - Redwood City Biotech Co $15.03/Hr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
SECURITY OFFICER - REDWOOD CITY BIOTECH CO $15.03/HR.
Allied Universal is seeking energetic Security Officers to work Swings and Nights at a Biotech Facility in Redwood City.
Full-Time set schedules. Free Parking, right off 101.
* At least six (6) months experience as a Security Officer mandatory. 2-5 years security or customer service experience, as well as outstanding customer service, multi-tasking, and computer skills.
Apply online. Follow up with our local office in Burlingame! Call 650-685-2400
533 Airport Blvd. Ste. 303
Burlingame, CA 94010
* Access Control - controlling access to the Facility to Site Employees, Suppliers, Suppliers and Visitors
* Visitor Processing Management
* Answering and transferring telephone calls
* Internal and External Customer Relations
* Maintaining a presentable and professional lobby at all times.
* Responsible for inventory and the signing out of keys/access cards/deliveries (where applicable)
* May Act as the communications hub for Security Services at the site
* Respond to, investigate &/or assist with alarm and emergencies
* This post may be required to take employee photographs and create photo-ID / access badges
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. College education preferred
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a receptionist or customer services representative
* Must exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
* High Level of Integrity
* Good computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
* Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment if working in a state where guard license is required.. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days