Security Officer - Regency Square
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
SECURITY OFFICER - REGENCY SQUARE
Allied Universal, the largest retail security provider in the industry, invites you to apply today to be one of our dynamic Professional Full Time Security Officers at Regency Square in Richmond,VA. Regency Square is centrally located in the heart of Richmond s West End. The mall is anchored by the market s flagship Macy s, along with Sears and JCPenney. Regency Square features a comprehensive mix of fashion and lifestyle retailers including CHARMING Charlie, Charlotte Russe, Sephora, and XXI Forever. Regency Square also features an extensive Food Court which offers shoppers a variety of dining options.
The ideal candidate for the Retail Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate.
The successful Retail Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Foot, bike or golf cart patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post orders and directed by Security Management
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified Retail Security Officer Applicants will meet the following criteria:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must have or be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
* VA DCJS Unarmed Security and CPR Preferred.
* Must be able to work mostly 2nd shift averaging 15 house a week
This position is Full Time offering benefits including $10/hour pay + anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for long term stable employment.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Southeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days