Security Officer - TWIC Required
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
SECURITY OFFICER - TWIC REQUIRED
Allied Universal has an immediate security job openings at the in the Seattle - Tacoma region Requiring a TWIC
***This account requires an up to date TWIC Card*** Guard Card training can be provided to qualified applicants. Position may require the operation of a security vehicle. Must be age 21 + have a clean Driving Record to qualify***
Computer and access control skills required. Data entry experience beneficial.
Apply online and follow up with our Universal Protection Service Seattle Team!
801 S. Fidalgo St. * 2nd Floor * Seattle WA 98108
Ph (206) 448-4040 Fax (206) 448-2461
The successful Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Foot Patrol and Vehicle of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Greet and Sign in visitors, customers and vendors
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified Professional Security Officer Applicants will meet the following criteria:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days