Perform protective, preventative, safety and security related enforcement functions touring hotel complex to ensure the safety and well being of all hotel guests, associates and vendors. Implements and monitors all related SOP's, Mission Vision and Values in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats.
* Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
* Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.
* Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
* Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices.
* Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
* Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
* Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Can communicate well with guests.
* Must be willing to \\"pitch-in\\" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
* Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 150 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Sufficient manual dexterity in hands with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled