- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
SECURITY OFFICER JOB SUMMARY (3RD SHIFT: 11:00PM-7:00AM)
Salary Range: $40,411.00-$46,472.00-$52,534.00
The Security Officer provides preventative patrols and inspections of Westfield facilities and grounds to protect them against issues such as: workplace violence, fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, etc. They also act as the central communication center as required to provide public service and to monitor ancillary alerting, notification systems, investigations and documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Provides armed, uniformed security to a variety of clients.
* Provides preventive and highly-visible patrols of Westfield grounds and facilities. Understands and follows all standard operating procedures for the protection of people and property. Provides competent and courteous service and assistance to employees, consultants, vendors and guests.
* Responds to emergency calls and contacts the appropriate authorities for emergency assistance. Carries out emergency plans for the protection of people and property. Requests assistance if a threat of violence is made, a building is found open, or another potentially dangerous situation arises.
* Responds to requests for assistance and calls for service including employee escorts, jump-starts and vehicle lockouts, etc. and hospitality related assistance.
* Completes computer-based records management including but not limited to: duty logs, incident, injury, and accident reports.
* Enforces traffic and parking regulations on Westfield grounds.
* Performs investigations and case follow-up where assigned.
* Maintains required qualifications and all department training requirements such as, but no limited to, First Aid/CPR and firearms range qualifications.
* Monitors employee access and fire alarm systems for company facilities. Interprets system messages and utilizes system features to distinguish between emergency and non-emergency situations and appropriate response. Participates in routine alarm tests to ensure systems are functioning properly. Has the ability to secure all buildings and operate all alarm systems and monitors security cameras as necessary.
* Monitors National Weather Service, police and local radio stations. Alerts employees and guests in all buildings of approaching severe weather conditions or emergency situations within approved guidelines. Alerts employees and guests of emergency and critical situations through emergency notification systems. Calls in the snow removal crew as specified in the snow procedure.
* Inspects portable fire extinguishers and AEDs in accordance with company standards on a regular basis. Inspects exit lights, emergency lights, eyewash, safety showers and first aid kits and reports any issues of concerns or malfunctions. Conducts safety inspections where assigned.
* Keeps the Safety Security Compliance Leaders informed verbally and/or in writing of activities and problems with the assigned area of responsibility and refers matters beyond areas of authority to correct leader or appropriate channel for direction.
* Generates investigative reports for routine and extraordinary situations for review by supervisors, public safety, and prosecutors as needed. May be called upon to assist in such situations and testify in court.
* Assists with pool car assignments when arrangements have not been made in advance or when requests are received after hours.
* Receives after-hours deliveries when prior arrangements have been made.
* Makes recommendations to the Leaders of the Group Safety, Security, and Compliance Department regarding policies, procedures and practices.
* Travels as often as needed including regular utilization of fleet vehicle in order to cover assigned territory. This may involve traveling on short notice or other daily driving duties as assigned regardless of location.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Armed Security Officer Requirement: must possess current law enforcement or armed security officer certification from the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission.
* Minimum of 2 years of criminal justice experience.
* No felony, domestic violence, or other serious convictions or admissions.
* Able to be called in for serious emergency situations.
* Able to work weekends and holidays.
* Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
* Ability to complete and maintain all of the required departmental training courses necessary for state certification, re-certification, and/or professional development.
* Possess and demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in Microsoft operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet applications, electronic mail and basic computer operation.
* Successful completion of pre-employment screening including drug testing.
* High School diploma or GED.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described herein represent those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required at least occasionally to climb items such as ladders and stairs, stoop, bend, crouch, reach, handle, talk, hear, utilize near/far and color vision, depth perception, sit, stand, walk, lift and carry objects weighing over 35 pounds. Additional requirements include:
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
* Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
* Ability to communicate by telephone and two-way radio.
* Ability to operate a personal computer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.