Security Officer - Yolo Court
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
SECURITY OFFICER - YOLO COURT
Security Screener (Yolo Courts) - Days
We are seeking professional Security Screeners to work effectively independently and with a team in Woodland, CA.
Apply online. Phone our Sacramento office to follow up 1 916 448-0400
Previous Security Screening and/or Customer Service experience is preferred, but not required.
Primary Goals are to:
* Be a skilled Professional, and provide excellent Customer Service.
* Respond to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate protocol.
* Prevent unauthorized access to the facility, and enforce site policies by communicating effectively.
* Be self-motivated, highly observant and exhibit consistent attention to detail.
* Work close with courthouse law enforcement.
-Must have the ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
-Be a skilled Security professional, and provide excellent Customer Service.
-Respond to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate protocol.
-This position requires patrols to inspect the interior, exterior, protection devices and fire control equipment at the facility. Certain aspects of this job involve walking, climbing stairs and standing for extended periods of time.
-Prevent unauthorized access to the facility, and enforce site policies by communicating effectively.
-Be self-motivated, highly observant and exhibit consistent attention to detail.
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days