Security Officer and Safety Dispatcher $13.00/Hr. Sunvalley Shopping Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
SECURITY OFFICER AND SAFETY DISPATCHER $13.00/HR. SUNVALLEY SHOPPING CENTER
Allied Universal, the largest retail security provider in the U.S., is recruiting for Security Officers and Security Dispatchers for Sunvalley Shopping Center in Concord.
$13.00/Hr + Excellent on the job training and growth opportunities!
Online applications now being accepted. Call # 707.258.8841 to facilitate an interview.
The Security Dispatcher manages the incoming flow of calls for maintenance, security, and property management.
* Strong computer skills are mandatory due to digital record keeping.
* The Dispatcher serves as the central hub of radio traffic and strong communication skills are vital.
* CCTV experience beneficial, as is fire / life safety systems experience and control room experience.
Security Officers must be willing to be trained in the use of handcuffs, O.C. Spray, and Citizens Arrest. The ideal candidate for the Security Officer is customer service oriented, and enjoys interacting with the public. Prior Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience is preferred, but applicants considering a career in Law Enforcement or with a Customer Service background are encouraged to apply. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Patrol the interior and exterior areas of center on foot and in vehicle
* Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post orders and directed by Security Management
* Engage with the general public to offer assistance and directions
* Assist with the general operations of this unique facility
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports using company reporting software
* Actively enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified applicants for these positions will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days