Security Officer for South Bay Recycling $12/Hr. San Carlos
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
San Jose, CA
SECURITY OFFICER FOR SOUTH BAY RECYCLING $12/HR. SAN CARLOS
At Allied Universal, we provide employees with opportunities that offer both challenges and rewards.
***Recruiting for a Security Officer to provide access control at South Bay Recycling in San Carlos.
Starting pay: $12.40 Hr. Front Gate, Access Control, Logging all Vehicles
EXCELLENT schedule for students and those seeking additional income!
Primary Job Duties:
* Patrols assigned areas on foot to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
* Provides public assistance, including lockout services and information.
* Watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked; sounds alarm in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
* Prepares routine, standardized reports.
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days