Security Officer in Retail Setting - Golf Mill
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
SECURITY OFFICER IN RETAIL SETTING - GOLF MILL
* 2nd Shift Available working Friday to Tuesdays, 2pm - 10pm
* Full Time position
* Based in Niles, IL
* Retail Shopping Center Environment
Universal Protection Service, the largest retail security provider in the industry, invites you to apply today to be one of our dynamic Professional Security Officers. At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be exceptional--to maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service and to create exceptional results. Universal Protection Service seeks passionate applicants who love working with people.
Full Time Positions offer benefits including anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
The ideal candidate for the Retail Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service.
The successful Retail Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Foot, bike or golf cart patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post orders and directed by Security Management
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified Retail Security Officer Applicants will meet the following criteria:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 25 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days