Security Officer - 2nd Shift Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
SECURITY OFFICER - 2ND SHIFT LEAD
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020.
Universal Protection Service seeks an enthusiastic, passionate Shift Lead. To demonstrate success in this role, you must have proven leadership skills to build and optimize our team at this prestigious location! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team! Under the direction of the Director of Security, Assistant Director of Security, Post Commander or the Branch Manager, this position oversees and coordinates site activities related to security, including delegating work, communicating goals and expectations, coaching, and training his or her Security Professionals to ensure effective execution of security duties. This is a working position and the incumbent is expected to perform all of the same duties and tasks as the Security Professional as needed.
The responsibilities of the Shift Lead position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for day to day supervision, motivation, coaching and training of site employees, specifically executing site-specific orientations including review of Post Orders, routine
* responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific clients needs. Also directly responsible for ensuring all training modules and tests are administered according to company guidelines. May also assist in conducting performance evaluations of Security Professionals with Security Management.
* Make post inspections on a continuing basis and spend the quality time required to acknowledge and ensure adequate security officer performance, including inspection of officer s appearance and review of the actual duties performed by personnel.
* Assist Security Management in implementing the emergency procedures established for the building. In their absence, take responsibility to implement emergency procedures during fires, earthquakes, power failures, etc. Also assist in the operation of Fire/Life/Safety systems in an emergency situation.
* Coordinate and report to Security Management on the status and upkeep of systems and equipment monitored by security. Includes coordinating and overseeing the activities of the Command Center and Fire Control Rooms (if applicable), and being responsible for all training in these areas.
* Identify any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints or other concerns, and forward any such issues to Security Director, Assistant Security Director or Field Manager as appropriate.
* May be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed by Security Director, Branch Manager or Corporate HR Director.
* Responsible for making recommendations for counseling and/or disciplinary action, including termination. May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions (may not make or initiate such decisions on his/her own, but may execute such actions at the specific direction of Security Director with prior approval from Branch/Corporate HR management).
* Respond to minor incidents (internal to Security Professionals and/or external to client location) that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and
* appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
* Responsible for maintaining positive client/security relationships through frequent tenant/client contact and support.
* Review daily all logs and incident reports, and pass on to Security Management any unusual occurrences, disciplinary issues, call offs, or missing documentation. Follow up as directed by Security Management.
Qualified applicants for the Shift Lead position will meet the minimum requirements , as described below.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* For positions that require driving, qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Prior experience in the law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired.
* Prior supervisory experience required.
* Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of the security industry a plus. Some client sites may have specific requirements, such as high-rise building security experience, that will be required in addition to any company specifications.
* Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus.
* Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
* Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
* The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and may drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps on a regular basis. May require periodic running. Must be able to perform these duties in the event of a security or emergency situation and be able to take a leadership role in assisting others to perform these functions.
* The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time.
* The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
* The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
* Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle